Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Congratulations new graduate: Sandro Giraldo!

It is with overwhelming excitement that I share the news about my baby brother's graduation!
Graduation date: May 18, 2011
School:  Mercy College, New York, NY
Degree: Bachelor of Science  Major: Business
Job prospects: Currently works as an Administrative Assistant for Consolidated Edison in New York.  Attended school while working full time.
Main job responsibility: Administrative services to the department of Electrical Engineering.
Tips to get an internship or job:  Read as much as possible about the company before going to the job interview.  Showing interest in what the company does can make you stand out from the competition.  Also this can help you understand better your future role within the company.
Anything else you would like to share:  I used to believe that getting a degree will help me get ahead in life.  Now that I have this degree, I realize that I have gained so much more.  I have learned from teachers and students alike, from their backgrounds, their aspirations, their fears.  I have happy memories which will stay with me and shape me until my last breath.  I have gained long lasting relationships; it’s a journey…..

If you liked this post, you might like:
First in your family to graduate from college (click on first video)
Winning the future through the power of networking

No comments:

Post a Comment